Annual Gross Salary
- Postgraduate Year 1: $58,950
- Postgraduate Year 2: $60,904
- Postgraduate Year 3: $63,297
- Postgraduate Year 4: $65,795
- Postgraduate Year 5: $68,488
- Postgraduate Year 6: $71,033
- Postgraduate Year 7: $73,395
Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Residents receive up to 15 working days per year of paid vacation that cannot be rolled over from one academic year to the next and up to 12 days per year of sick leave.
Total duration of leaves must conform to the program's and American Specialty Board's requirements regarding absences, together with applicable state and federal law, generally defined as one month, 21 working days, or 30 calendar days.
Exempt employees are paid on the first day of every month with two exceptions:
- If the first of the month falls on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, pay day will be on the last working day of the month.
- The first check in the new year is available on the first working day after January 1.
- Medical plan from Anthem Health Insurance paid by the UCR School of Medicine.
- Vision services from VSP vision insurance paid by the UCR School of Medicine.
- Dental insurance from Delta Dental paid by the UCR School of Medicine.
- Short term disability of a maximum of $700 per week.
- Long term disability of a maximum of $3,000 per month.
- Malpractice insurance provided via UCR or the institutional site where the rotation block occurs.
- Basic life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment of up to $50,000.
- Employee assistance program - Confidential, toll-free counseling service.
Resident Teaching Skills
Consisting of the Bringing Education & Service Together (BEST) curriculum and the Clinical Teaching Perception Inventory (CTPI), the UCR School of Medicine's Resident Teaching Skills site is a benefit that provides residents with training that improve their clinical teaching skills.
Residents will be eligible for student rates at UCR's Child Development Center, located at the main UCR campus in Riverside. The center has programs for infants, toddlers, preschool- and kindergarten-aged children of UCR students, staff and faculty and they are accredited by the National Academy of Early Childhood Programs.
Residents will be eligible for the student membership rate at the UCR Student Recreation Center. This 155,000-square-foot facility features a 21,000-square-foot weight room, a 237,0000-gallon pool, an indoor jogging track, a cardiovascular fitness area with 100 machines, a 32-foot climbing wall, 30 different kinds of classes, hardwood basketball, tennis, racquetball, volleyball, badminton and squash, as well as recreation club and intramural teams.
Residents will have access to UCR Library resources onsite, offsite and online.
White Coat Access
The Graduate Medical Education Office readily provides residents with lab coats; some participating sites may not offer laundering service.
Educational Enhancement & Funds
- Residents receive up to five days for educational enhancement time (USMLE Step III, Continuing Medical Education lectures, post-graduate interviews, etc.) each academic year with the program director’s approval. Educational leave time does not accrue from year to year.
- Each resident receives $1,000 for their educational funds on an annual basis.