Grievances & Anonymous Reporting

In order to create a supportive academic and clinical environment for all members of the UC Riverside School of Medicine community, we encourage community members to identify incidents or events, large or small, that affect the safety and well being of the community.

All reports are taken seriously and acted upon with respect to privacy, confidentiality, and due process.

Please refer to the appropriate resources below. Questions about these resources may be directed to program director, chair of the department, or the Graduate Medical Education program office at

  • Residents' concerns can be discussed with the program director or chair of the department.
  • For anonymous reporting, please contact the designated institutional offical (DIO) via email at
  • The Office of the Ombuds is available for confidential consultation at (951) 827-3213 or online at
  • Any concern may be brought confidentially to the UCR SOM Compliance Advisory Services Department at (951) 827-3257 or
  • The Compliance Hotline is available 24/7 at (800) 403-4744. Callers may choose to remain anonymous. Reports may also be submitted online via the UC Whistleblower Hotline EthicsPoint portal.
  • Concerns may be expressed to the UCR SOM Human Resources Department via the online ticketing system.
  • Issues related to sexual violence/sexual harassment (Title IX), equal employment, and affirmative action should be reported to the UCR Title IX, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Office at (951) 827-7070 or via email at or
  • The dean of the School of Medicine provides time each week to be available to meet with anyone, including residents, individually. Contact the Dean's Office at (951) 827-4564 for scheduling. The dean also holds periodic open forums and table talk lunches, which are open to residents.
  • The Help@UCR website can help you figure out what person or office to contact with your concern. You may contact them at (951) 827-6223.
  • The UCR Equity Advisors are available to answer questions or concerns. Contact Dr. Takesha Cooper at