About our Inland Southern California Home
Why Choose Riverside?
Located about 60 miles east of Los Angeles, Riverside has shown tremendous growth in recent years, but has not lost much of the small town feel that makes it a gem of the Inland Southern California region. The city and surrounding communities are hubs of arts and innovation, culture, entertainment, outdoor life, family fun, festivals, sports, nightlife and plenty of special events throughout the year.
Living in Riverside
Southern California is made up of beautiful weather, cultural diversity, expansive beaches, desert regions, and lush mountains, making it one of the most desirable places to work and live.
Riverside is conveniently located in Inland Southern California, in what appears to be the midpoint of access for wondrous excursions. To access the beaches, the cities, the desert, and the mountains all one has to do is take a drive that on average can be as short as 45 minutes and as long as two hours.
Riverside has a long standing history and exciting seasonal entertainment that will allow you to connect to the city. It is surrounded by booming cities and attractive locations that feature all types of vocational and educational opportunities for residents’ families.
Notable Places to Visit
- Riverside: The Mission Inn Hotel, Fox Theater, March Joint Air Reserve Base, Riverside Art Museum, Mt. Rubidoux, and many more.
- Palm Springs: Palm Springs Aerial Tram, Children’s Museum, Palm Springs Air Museum, Palm Springs Museum of Art, Palm Springs Walk of Stars, Knott’s Soak City Palm Springs.
- San Diego: San Diego Zoo, San Diego Safari Park, SeaWorld, Legoland, Balboa Park, Museum of Art, Hotel Del Coronado, Torrey Pines Reserve, Petco Park, Qualcomm Stadium.
- Los Angeles: The Getty Museum, Griffith Observatory, LaBrea Tar Pits, Hollywood, Pantages Theater, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knott’s Berry Farm, Dodger Stadium, Angel Stadium, Staples Center, L.A. Live.
- Big Bear Lake: Snowboarding, Skiing, Hiking Trails, San Bernardino National Forest, Campgrounds.
- Joshua Tree National Park: Desert Campgrounds, Hiking Trails.
About the UCR School of Medicine
The UC Riverside School of Medicine was created to help address the shortfall of health care professionals across our Inland Southern California home. Our residency programs assist in this goal by providing needed care to underserved communities.